John Evans Elementary school, home of the Sunrays, is nestled into the quaint city of Oviedo off of Alafaya Trail and Chapman Road. We pride ourselves on being one of the highest achieving elementary schools in Seminole County.
Evans Elementary is 'where the BEST, get better'!
Seminole County Public Schools Are Academically High Achieving
- “A” Rated District
- 1st in Central Florida
- 1st of 17 Largest Districts
- 5th of 67 Districts in the State
Evans Elementary has been an 'A' school since opening their doors in 2000.
Our most recent honors:
- 1st in county for 3rd grade FCAT Reading scores
- 3rd in county for 4th grade FCAT Reading scores
- 3rd in county for 3rd grade FCAT Math scores
- 1st in county for 4th grade FCAT Writing scores
- 2nd in county for 5th grade FCAT Science scores
What People Say About Evans
'Each morning I send my two girls to Evans with confidence, knowing they will be safe, happy, and encouraged to achieve academic excellence in an optimal learning environment. It is easy to see that EVERY employee is working toward the same goal. The administration, teachers, and staff all want my children to succeed. I am certain that the top notch education they receive at Evans Elementary will prepare them for their future. Evans gets a gold star in my book!'
- Missy, mom of two current students and one former Evans student
'I LOVE Evans Elementary because of the wonderful teachers. They help me with everything I need and teach me so much. Another reason why Evans is a spectacular school is because of the great students and extra curricular activities we have available to us.'
- Angel, 5th grade student